Friday, May 11, 2007

ThML Reader

ThML Reader is a free Windows program for reading files that are formatted in ThML which denotes Theological Markup Language.

I tried installing this on my new Acer Aspire 5630 (Windows XP Media Edition with IE7) and the program stopped responding when I tried to open any library item. However, I also installed it on our older Dell Inspiron 2500 (Windows ME with IE6) and everything worked fine. I have reported the problem to Christian Scholar, I suspect there is an incompatibility with IE7 that needed to be addressed.

ThML public domain catalog items include the complete Bible in several languages. For example, yesterday, I installed the Albanian Bible mainly out of curiosity. cf. One of my fellow alumni of Trinity College Cambridge is Founder and Director of the Albanian Evangelical Mission.

Here's the opening verses of Mark's Gospel in Albanian.
1 Fillimi i Ungjillit të Jezu Krishtit, Birit të Perëndisë. 2 Ashtu si është shkruar tek profetët: ''Ja, unë po dërgoj lajmëtarin tim para fytyrës tënde, i cili do të përgatit udhën tënde përpara teje. 3 Ka një zë që bërtet në shkretëtirë: "Përgatitni udhën e Zotit, drejtoni shtigjet e tij"''.